In the year 1946, Sheth Amrutlal Hargovinddas donated Rs. 5 Lakhs to establish Bansilal Amrutlal College of Agriculture. Initially it was under Institute of Agriculture, Anand and affiliated with Bombay University (1948-50). It was with Gujarat University (1951-60) and then with Sardar Patel University (1957-71). In 1972, Gujarat Agricultural University was established and this college became a part of GAU till 2004. On 1st May, 2004 Anand Agricultural University was established and B A College of Agriculture is now a constituent college of Anand Agricultural University. The college has celebrated its Golden jubilee during 1996-97. Till the date about 5310 students got their degree of B.Sc.(Agri.), 1606 M.Sc.(Agri.) and 314 Ph.D. from this college. The past students association of B A college of agriculture was established in 1986. This association was registered as Bansilal Amrutlal College of Agriculture, Alumni Association, Anand (Regd. No.Guj/729 /Anand/15-2-2003 in the year 2003.