Pulses Research Schemes
- Strengthening of genetic resources which include collection, evaluation and maintenance of germplasm for making use in breeding programmes.
- Development of newly genetic materials for developing genotypes with high stable yield, better grain quality and resistance to various biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Testing of newly developed genotypes under various categories of trials such as PET, SSVT, LSVT, IET etc.
- Seed multiplication of different varieties on large scale to cater to the need of farmers and various seed producing agencies.
- Dissemination of the newly developed technology on the farmer's field through demonstrations.
- To find out suitable pulse based cropping system.
- Nutrient management in pigeonpea based cropping system.
- Weed management in pigeonpea.
- Irrigation scheduling in rabi pigeonpea
- Evaluation of pigeonpea varieties in rabi season under different geometry
- Screening of various genotypes of pigeonpea, mungbean, urdbean and other pulses against major pests and diseases.
- Survey and surveillance of various pests/diseases in middle Gujarat for pulse crops.
- Management of pod borer complex in pigeonpea.
- Development and evaluation of IPM modules in pigeonpea.
- Advance stage screening against major insect pests (Medium maturity).
- Development and evaluation of IPM modules for pest management in urdbean.
- Effect of seed treatment on the incidence of sucking pests in mungbean.
- Bio-efficacy of newer insecticides against pod borer (Helicoverpa armigera) and pod fly Melanogromyza obtusainfesting pigeonpea.